No Maintenance Fee Online Brokers 2013
Many online stock brokers charge hefty maintenance fee on your accounts. Usually, new investors fall prey to such brokerages due to lack of understanding. There is no reason why one should opt for such brokerages when the competition is so high and there are good brokerages that keep their pricing fair and simple. Beginners must do some research on miscellaneous charges and maintenance fee as all these eventually add up to huge sums of money.
It’s advisable that you make a list of your requirements as an investor and then do some sort of comparison-shopping to identify a fine broker. The cost differences among different brokers such as, annual fee and maintenance fee must be evaluated properly.
FREE Trading for 60 days + Get up to $600
12% chose this
- 126 retail outlets across US
- Excellent in-house and 3rd party research
- Powerful, easy-to-use trading tools
- #1 Broker for Novices and Long Term Investing - Barron's 2013
- Stocks Trading Fee: $9.99
- Options Trading Base Fee: $9.99
- Per Contract Options Fee: $0.75
- Minimum Balance: $2500.00 More Info...
100 Commission Free Trades - Available to ALL new accounts
14% chose this
- Free virtual trading
- Refer to a friend and win $150 or 30 free trades
- Cheapest Stock Trading Commission
- No up charge for Broker-Assisted Trading
- Ranked 6 overall By Barron's 2013
- Orders are accepted by phone
- Stocks Trading Fee: $3.95
- Options Trading Base Fee: $8.50
- Per Contract Options Fee: $0.15
- Minimum Balance: $1000 More Info...
Get up to $250 back when you open a new tradeMONSTER account
6% chose this
- Powerful Trading Tools & Research
- Superior value on Commission
- Free Account Transfer
- Experienced Customer & Trade Support
- Stocks Trading Fee: $7.5
- Options Trading Base Fee: $7.5
- Per Contract Options Fee: $0.5
- Minimum Balance: $0 More Info...
Get $100 when you open an account
7% chose this
- Excellent trading platform
- Virtual Trading Available
- Top notch mobile trading apps
- Great education resources for all levels of traders
- Stocks Trading Fee: $8.95
- Options Trading Base Fee: $0.00
- Per Contract Options Fee: $1.50
- Minimum Balance: $0.00 More Info...
Exceptional Online Stock Broker with local branch offices
10% chose this
- Over 500 physical offices for customer service
- Easy transfer of an account from any other broker to Scottrade
- Great emphasis on in-Person online education
- Excellent Mobile Trading and Account Access
- Stocks Trading Fee: $7.00
- Options Trading Base Fee: $7.00
- Per Contract Options Fee: $1.25
- Minimum Balance: $500.00 More Info...
Maintenance fee isn’t a big deal if you are a frequent trader, but this charge can be monstrous for someone who just maintains a small investment portfolio. You should always try to avoid brokers with deceptive pricing structure. It’s always better to opt for brokerages with ethical standards and transparency.
Popular Brokerage Offers
14% chose this
Get a $25 cash rebate to cover the fees for your wire transfer to OptionsHouse.
14% chose this
The more you fund—the more free newsletters you can choose
0% chose this
Ranked best by Barron's, Trade free for 60 days, Stocks, Options
15% chose this
Receive up to $150 in transfer fees when you switch to TradeKing